New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

My mac keeps freezing after l put it in sleep

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

audunk

audunk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13' Macbook Air 2011 Mac OS Maverick 10.9.3

Lately l have had a problem with my mac when l open the mac again after having closed it. Most of the time it freezes and l have to restart it to make it work. Anybody who knows what this might come of?
l have never had the problem before in the almost 2 years l have had the mac. Maybe once or twice, but l cannot remember having done it at all before.
But the last week or so it occurs more often than not, or at least so it seems.
Anybody else who had experienced this? Any idea what it might come of?
The last two apps that l have installed before this happened is Rinse and Gamepad Companion. Although l have had Rinse a while before l started getting this problem. But Gamepad Companion l installed right before or right after. Neither of them are almost never running though.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Boot to your Recovery Partition: Hold down command + r keys as soon as you hear the bong sound and keep holding them until the machine goes into recovery. Once in recovery, select Utilities, Disk Utility. Verify the hard drive. Let's see if there are any errors. (I'm assuming you're referring to the 2011 MacBook Air listed in your specs.)
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

What happens if you quit ALL programs (ie nothing but Finder running) before putting the machine to sleep?
QUOTE Thanks
audunk

audunk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13' Macbook Air 2011 Mac OS Maverick 10.9.3

I tried what you suggested chscag, but it didnt find any problems. But it was 2 or 3 disks to choose from in the menu, even though l only have one and l wasnt sure which one to choose.

However, it hasnt been like that for at least a week or two now. l think maybe it disappeared after an upgrade. So hopefully it wont come back
Thanks for the help, chas_m and chscag
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

I had a similar issue, after my MBP was asleep for more than a hour, it would take up to 3 mins to wake, white translucent screen with a progress bar, took it to Apple and they stress tested it overnight and gave it back to me AOK. I got home and the problem still occurred, and i fixed the problem by installing a 256GB SSD in the Optical Drive bay with a Data Doubler.
Im just saying this, because i think even Apple get it wrong sometimes. I even went shopping for a couple of hour when at the Store and do you think i could replicate the problem ?? Nah but soon as i got home it did exactly the same thing.
Now with a SSD i havnt looked back, and now i have a 750GB HD as my Media Storage

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Outlook Temp | Using a generator to power my Macbook »