New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

i tunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billybjg

billybjg is on a distinguished road

how on earth can i put onto my computer a cd ,then move that song(s) onto a usb stick ? can anyone advise me in detail the procedure to do this thanks greatly??
barry
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Do you the CD Converted first into MP3 or AAC or whatever you prefer first? What are you going to use the play the USB stick after you do it?

Best way is put in the CD and have iTunes convert and add the tracks to the library then make a Playlist then mark and drag the files to your USB stick. That is what I do here anyway but maybe someone has another way you might prefer. Please tell us exactly what you are doing like I asked above. If you want no compression and have a large USB stick you can have iTunes convert into WAVE files.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.10.1

Hi Barry - I agree w/ Travis, i.e. would be nice to know why you want to put these audio files onto a USB stick - may help us in being more specific w/ suggestions?

Plus, as suggested you need to state whether you want 'compressed' or 'uncompressed' audio files? For myself, I rip audio tracks using iTunes into compressed MP3 files (about 10% the size of the tracks on a CD), then setup playlists which I drag to my connected iPod Touch for my mobile music needs. Apple's lossy AAC codec is similar to MP3 but may not play on all audio devices. Uncompressed files are MUCH larger, e.g. just ripping into WAV consumes about 10MB per minute (vs. about 1MB for a decent MP3), so you need to make a decision and also explain how you plan to use these files?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Strange problem, MacBook Pro will not load OS X | downloading mountian lion »