New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

bootcamp windows download

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ronwiny

ronwiny is on a distinguished road

I am trying to install bootcamp and windows. I have tried 3 times so far. I only get to the windows support software download step and it runs and runs. I have a wireless card (not as fast as DSL or cable) but should it take hours and hours?

I have tried to direct it to an external drive and a thumb drive to see if that makes a difference.

I bought an OEM system builder pack for windows but have not gotten anywhere near that far. Have not even begun the partition build.

Suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Have you read our Sticky threads on this very topic?:

Running Windows on a Mac: A Switcher's Guide
Bootcamp: Save yourself possibly hours of time:

If not...please give them a read.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Question... | Quicktime Screen Recorder Freezes Entire Computer »