Thread: What is AirPort =)

What is AirPort =)
    sometimes i thought it was a router and other time i thought it Strong media. I'm afraid it's time capsule xD

chas_m
    "Airport" is Apple's previous name for the Wi-Fi control panel/menu item and is the current name of its line of wireless routers. With Mountain Lion, Apple changed the name of the Wi-Fi control panel and menu item to Wi-Fi to lessen confusion. The application used to control an Airport router or a Time Capsule is still called "Airport Utility" since they are all Airport devices.

There are two dedicated routers with the name Airport: the larger Airport Extreme and the smaller Airport Express. Time Capsule is essentially a hard drive with an Airport Extreme built into it, and is intended to function as both an Airport device (creating a Wi-Fi network) and a wireless backup drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodda_Hunter View Post
    sometimes i thought it was a router and other time i thought it Strong media. I'm afraid it's time capsule xD
    Airport is Apple's branding for their wireless routers. The Time Capsule is an Airport with a hard drive inside for use with the Time Machine backup software, or really almost any use you have in mind.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Oh thanks,guys. now it's clear,more cleaner than any other time
    those airports were like bugs in my mind

Thread Information