New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

speakers

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mblackmon

mblackmon is on a distinguished road

Ok, I bought an apple TV box and it works well with my ipad. I decided to try it with the imac last night and after a few pecks, it worked. This morning I turned on the imac and my headphones no longer work. All the sound is coming from the speakers not the headphones. I did something to change that but I don't know what. Can anyone tell me what I did and how I can change it back to so that my headphones will work? Thanks to all, Mike
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

System Preferences - Sound

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
mblackmon

mblackmon is on a distinguished road

Hot dog...you r d man! Went to sys preferences, opened output tab and chose USB device and viola. Thanks so much, Mike
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Here's a way to change that setting a little quicker should you need to do it regularly:

1. Make sure the volume slider is set to appear in the menu bar. If it isn't go to the Sound preference and check the box "Show volume in menu bar". You only need to do this once.
2/ From now on any time you need to switch sound inputs or outputs hold down the Option key while clicking on the slider. You can make the change from there without opening the preference pane.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
2/ From now on any time you need to switch sound inputs or outputs hold down the Option key while clicking on the slider. You can make the change from there without opening the preference pane.
Now I know why you're a three star general! Nice little shortcut, one that I didn't know. You had better hurry up and get here to Fort Worth, before my Starbucks credit card gives out.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Can't take full credit for that one. A buddy of mine passed that tip on to me when I was doing the podcasts for another forum.

If the heat in Ft. Worth is anything like it usually is we might want to swap the latte for iced coffee. I don't think we have broken 100 yet this year. We usually have by now.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Preview almost always opens 2 windows | Hard Drive Died; Trouble installing new hard drive »