Thread: Lightroom 5

Lightroom 5
    I currently have Snow Leopard and am considering upgrading to Mountain Lion because the new Lightroom 5 requires it, I believe. Has anyone yet purchased this new version of Lightroom and are there any "trouble spots" due to Mountain Lion? Thank you.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue426 View Post
    I currently have Snow Leopard and am considering upgrading to Mountain Lion because the new Lightroom 5 requires it, I believe. Has anyone yet purchased this new version of Lightroom and are there any "trouble spots" due to Mountain Lion? Thank you.
    I have been running the Beta on ML without issue, though I am not a heavy user so may have missed problem areas. Overall I was pleased so I bought the DVD version but haven't installed it yet.

Before you upgrade from Snow Leopard, you should verify your Mac specs for compatibility and that any must have software you are running is supported.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5444

http://roaringapps.com/
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

I think my system has all it needs but the specs for LR5 say it needs 64-bit depth. Mine says I have 32-bit depth when I look at the "About this Mac" section. I can't seem to find if ML has the 64-bit needed. Any idea?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Believe one of the drivers for ML compatibilty is 64 bit, so if you can run ML, LR5 should be no problem.

If you have already upgraded to ML, just download the Free Trial of LR5 and try it out.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Thread Information