New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Lightroom 5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sue426

Sue426 is on a distinguished road

I currently have Snow Leopard and am considering upgrading to Mountain Lion because the new Lightroom 5 requires it, I believe. Has anyone yet purchased this new version of Lightroom and are there any "trouble spots" due to Mountain Lion? Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue426 View Post
I currently have Snow Leopard and am considering upgrading to Mountain Lion because the new Lightroom 5 requires it, I believe. Has anyone yet purchased this new version of Lightroom and are there any "trouble spots" due to Mountain Lion? Thank you.
I have been running the Beta on ML without issue, though I am not a heavy user so may have missed problem areas. Overall I was pleased so I bought the DVD version but haven't installed it yet.

Before you upgrade from Snow Leopard, you should verify your Mac specs for compatibility and that any must have software you are running is supported.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5444

http://roaringapps.com/

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Sue426

Sue426 is on a distinguished road

I think my system has all it needs but the specs for LR5 say it needs 64-bit depth. Mine says I have 32-bit depth when I look at the "About this Mac" section. I can't seem to find if ML has the 64-bit needed. Any idea?
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Believe one of the drivers for ML compatibilty is 64 bit, so if you can run ML, LR5 should be no problem.

If you have already upgraded to ML, just download the Free Trial of LR5 and try it out.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mail password | Enabling Java »