Single backup/sync software for Windows and Mac???
    I have a Windows 7 PC at home and a MacBook Pro in office. Sometimes I work on a particular file in office and then at home. Is there any software which I can use to backup and sync my data from both the machines so that I have similar files on both machines?

I am looking for options other than Apple Time Capsule.

Thanks,
    Ranveer

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Hi Ranveer and welcome to the forums.

What you need and looking for and would suit you best is to use something like Dropbox.

Or you take a thumb drive to work, drag file onto thumb drive take it home and use it on your Windows PC. Cumbersome especially when with Dropbox, you drag it into a folder on your Mac and it will have synced with your Windows PC by the time you grab your keys and head to the car, and will be waiting at home for you in the Dropbox folder on your Win PC

Dropbox is a free service up to 2GB from memory, but if you get your friends to sign up through their share feature you can get more storage. If you click you want to store your Photos in dropbox you get a extra 3GB and friends gets you another 500MB. I did the photo thing, synced 20 images then turned it off and kept my 3 extra GB and now with friends help, i have 9GB Dropbox storage.

HTH
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply !!

I have to tell you that I had already ben a PC user and bought a iPhone4s and MacBook Pro Retina Diaplay last week and now I know what I was missing !!!! Although I am still learning to use it.
    Coming to your reply, I am already using DropBox and i already have about 10GB on that.

What I am looking for is some backup software (like Seagate manager, Acronis, Symantac, Novastar etc..) that works for both Mac and PC.

Thanks,
    Ranveer

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    None that I know of other than network backup software. Your Mac already comes with excellent backup software - Time Machine. Or you could use Carbon Copy Cloner.

For Windows you have many choices. I personally like and use Acronis True Image.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by ranveerj View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply !!

I have to tell you that I had already ben a PC user and bought a iPhone4s and MacBook Pro Retina Diaplay last week and now I know what I was missing !!!! Although I am still learning to use it.
    Coming to your reply, I am already using DropBox and i already have about 10GB on that.

What I am looking for is some backup software (like Seagate manager, Acronis, Symantac, Novastar etc..) that works for both Mac and PC.

Thanks,
    Ranveer
    Ahhh ok, you should of been more specific in your OP

And take chscag advice, but I'm not really sure either that work on Both Win and Mac OS UNLESS you have Windows on your Mac via Bootcamp then TimeMachine will back up both Partitions for you if you ask it too.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information