New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Install disc keeps ejecting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mmcfly

Mmcfly is on a distinguished road

I have a MacBook (2008) running with Snowleopard. As I want to sell my laptop now I need to wipe the disk completely. Unfortunately the install disc OS Version 10.5.2 keeps constantly ejecting. But on my windows laptop the disc works just fine. Practically no scratches. Very very light ones, nothing that a CD/DVD drive even of the first generation could not read.
If there is no possibility for my mac to force and read the disc how else can I wipe the hard drive securely
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Is this 10.5.2 Install disk a gray-colored disk...and if so...is it THE original disk that came with the computer when new (or did it come from somewhere else)?

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Mmcfly

Mmcfly is on a distinguished road

The cover of the disc is grey with a narrow white outer ring.
It is the original disc that came with the macbook when I bought it.
Strangely disc two (also grey) works on the mac. It is only disc one that keeps ejecting
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

After making sure the disc is clean...

Try taking a can of compressed air and while the computer is turned off...

Shoot 3-4 quick bursts thru the slot in different directions.

This is the way my old MBP optical drive acts when the lens starts getting dirty - reads some discs and not others.

ymmv

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "No boot device is available" in windows parallels | Questions before converting »