New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Can not type letter M without having to hit the command key twice

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jsmac1

Jsmac1 is on a distinguished road

I cannot type the letter M without having to hit the command key twice and if I don't double click the command key it will just minimize the window i am in. None of my buttons are stuck or anything and i have tried to turn off the minimize shortcut by going into preferences and going to keyboard and mouse and then going to keyboard shortcuts but its no where in there so i can't even turn it off if i wanted. Can anyone help me with this problem? Its a macbook from 2007 by the way
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

What OS are you running on the 2007 MB ??

Have you Repaired Permissions Via Disk Utility or run the Maintenance Scripts in Oynx or Main Menu ??

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Any sort of liquid spills on the keyboard by chance?

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Jsmac1

not at all

And no liquid spills either
QUOTE Thanks
Jsmac1

But what do you mean by what OS am i running?
QUOTE Thanks
Jsmac1

The OS is 10.5.8 and i just ran both of those Repair Permissions Via Disk Utility and ran the Maintenance Scripts in Onyx but its still acting up
QUOTE Thanks
Jsmac1

Can anyone help??
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Maybe a new USB keyboard will be the best option. Reasonable use 6 years.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Jsmac1

Yea the USB Keyboard works just fine, Thank you for the suggestion!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto won't let me choose music when I create a slideshow | MacBook sometimes crashes when using fullscreen video in Chrome »