New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Why are my Mail attachments not going through correctly

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sbutter50

sbutter50 is on a distinguished road

All right so this is kind of long. I am currently working on Lion at my work. We send attachments that are saved as JPEGS. We've had trouble before with Windows users not being able to download the files we send, they can see it, but can't download it to their computer. As a way around that, we found that sending the JPEGS without any type in the email would work, picture only. It wouldn't be embedded I think this way and they could download it. I'm not sure if there was an upgrade or what but now when I send it, they can no longer download it and I'm not even sure if they can see it. If I send it to myself or one of my fellow Mac users it comes through as a JPEG icon, not a picture like before, and if I click on it, it says Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found. I'm not sure what is going on, or what has changed, but it seems like a Mac issue since I can no longer open the files myself. A quick fix would be appreciate as it affects my work. Thanks, and if you need any more info, ask.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Try selecting the picture in the email and right click and select view as icon

Otherwise make sure they are RGB Jpegs, some Windows computers have problems with cmyk images

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mountain Lion auto-logs out every half hour while idle... | Network/wifi keeps disconnecting for all Apple products »