New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Hard Drive almost full, so is Time Capsule

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yachtcarlos

yachtcarlos is on a distinguished road

I have a mid 2010 iMac with a 500gb hard drive and I've had a 1tb external for my time machine backups. Well, that 1tb is full and my hard drive has about 50gb left. So, my question is what would be the best way to alleviate some space on my hard drive and also install a new time capsule with possible 2tb capacity.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

The easiest way to free up space is to delete things that you don't absolutely need. As simple as it sounds, it's the most effective way of getting rid of content that's taking up space.

Instructions on how to migrate Time Machine backups between Time Capsules can be found here.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

I recently deleted a lot of content I did not need, and those were mostly movies I have already watched before and not planning on watching again as well as application packages that are already outdated. I now have about 110 GB free after I only had about 40 GB.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB 3.0 vs. Fusion Drive | Is there any software I can run to speed up my MBP? »