New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Error - 36

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jasonalden

jasonalden is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I've found solutions for this in other posts but my problem is a bit different. I am copying from 1 external HD to another external RAID (about 1TB of data). This is the message I get.

....."The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “Thriller.m4v” can’t be read or written. (Error code -36)".....

Fine, so I try to remove “Thriller.m4v” and it isn't there... in fact there isn't any .m4v's on the drive, or my mac, or the other drive?? I do remember downloading MJ"s Thriller for my Wife though, so it must be there somewhere.

Don't mind if the corrupt file is copied or not as long as the rest gets backed up. I'm on a MacBook Pro Os X, 10.8.3

Been messing about with this for ages now, does anyone have a fix?

All help greatly appreciated.

Jason

— London based editorial photographer – Jason Alden
QUOTE Thanks
gsahli

gsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the roughgsahli is a jewel in the rough

Try repairing the hard drive(s) using disk utility.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 10.8.4 update still showing up under Software Updates? | Link to Youtube from PDF or Word »