New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Thumbnails

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dazzw

dazzw is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone

I have a nagging problem with thumbnails. When i save an image from the internet, the thumbnail displays the file type on the actual thumbnail. This does not happen when i save an image that is altered in photoshop. See attached image :

The thumbnail for the Die-Hard poster altered in photoshop does not display any text whereas the thumbnail for the A-Team poster saved directly from the web does display the text. I've tried different web browsers and saving to different formats but all downloaded images still display the text.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this and have a fix for it please?

Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
Thatguy16

Thatguy16 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB

I'm not sure what causes this, but I do know that this only show's up on the thumbnail, not the actual image.
I wouldn't worry to much about it if I were you
Probably just they way apple codes internet download opposed to saved the download's to differentiate between file types.

Everyone hates cliffhanger endings because..

Found my advice useful? Use the reputation button in the upper-right corner of my post!
QUOTE Thanks
dazzw

they never used to be there when i first got my mac mini. i'm just wondering if its something i've installed that is causing it, but i can't figure out what though
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

As ThatGuy posted, it will be just on the Thumbnail, and to check double click and it will open In Preview and you will see that its not on the image.
I just tried this by right clicking the image then Download Image and it hasn't happened with my thumbnail, i get a clean image with nothing.

What have you downloaded lately ?? Have you ran any AppleScripts/Automator Workflows ??

What OS are you running and on what Mac ??

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
dazzw

I know it only appears on the thumbnail, i just find it annoying that its there. I'm thinking its an apple script too but i haven't downloaded one that i know of, unless it was part of a package i downloaded when i was trying something out using python. where would i find where the scripts are installed?

Late 2012 Mac Mini 2.3GHz i7 running OS X 10.8.3
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzw View Post
I know it only appears on the thumbnail, i just find it annoying that its there. I'm thinking its an apple script too but i haven't downloaded one that i know of, unless it was part of a package i downloaded when i was trying something out using python. where would i find where the scripts are installed?

Late 2012 Mac Mini 2.3GHz i7 running OS X 10.8.3

Use Spotlight/Finder and search for .Applescript or .scpt and see what comes up, or .app as some Applecripts are saved as Applications.
I did just found a folder at ~/Library/ and it was called Application Scripts, but i just used Spotlight and showed all my .scpt i have on my Mac.

HTH

Cheers

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
dazzw

thanks for the suggestion, but i don't have a folder called Application scripts and spotlight didn't really find anything
i did find a folder called Scripts but i've no idea what shouldn't be in there, so not sure if this is the right place to be looking
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp partition won't delete? | Using an External drive for backup »