New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Aperture 3 and Dropbox problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dave.butterwort

dave.butterwort is on a distinguished road

I use Apple's "Aperture 3" for photo storage and processing. I had enabled Aperture to open when EOS is connected, and on the Dropbox window "Save your photos to Dropbox" had unchecked the box for Automatically import photos when EOS_DIGITAL is connected. However, despite the relevant box being checked in Aperture and Dropbox Auto import box being unchecked along with "Never for this device" being clicked on the Dropbox window, each time I insert a memory card with photos, Dropbox has defaulted to Automatically import and the Aperture preferences has changed to "Do nothing" on connection. I have changed these back to how I want them several times, i.e. to open Aperture on connection, but the next time I insert a memory card, Dropbox opens and wants to auto download photos. How do I stop this from happening?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
unchecked the box for Automatically import photos when EOS_DIGITAL is connected
Quote:
each time I insert a memory card with photos
You've set not to import from the camera but then you're using a memory card. I suspect thats clouding the issue.

Have you go the latest dropbox client? (currently 2.08 - you can see this on preferences - account)

Try getting that and turning off "enable dropbox camera support"

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Switching Internal HDs | Mac Mail »