Exclamation Unable to Copy Files to and from Flash Drive on iMac
    Hey folks. Been having an issue with my iMac. I have been unable to copy and paste files to and from my Flash Drive on iMac.

Can anyone please help me?

I can access my Flash Drive, and I am the Admin to the iMac, but I do not understand why I am unable to do this. Even some of the files that I have created like Word/Office Files won't copy.

Can anybody please help me out!

My Flash Drive is a Lexar 32GB Flash Drive.

My other issue is that I have a Kingston 8GB Flash Drive and for nothing it won't show up on my iMac, but it would show up on a PC without any issues and problems.

Please tell me what to do!

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    What format is the 32 GB flash drive using? It either has to be FAT-32 or HFS+ in order to copy files to it from your Mac. If it's formatted as NTFS, it will be read only. Also, worth checking is that you don't have the read only protect switch on if the flash drive has one.

I know for a fact that it is in NTFS. PS: There is no sort of switch for locking it. I will move everything off and try it again...

What about the Kingston 8GB Flash Drive. I mentioned that it won't show up on the mac but works on the pc....

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    If the Flash drive is in NTFS, you cannot copy files to it without using something like Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X software to get write access. Otherwise, you have to format the Flash drive as FAT32 or exFAT to get read/write access..

Not sure why the Kingston 8GB drive isn't working, but one thing you might want to try is to plug into the PC and then go into Windows Explorer and right click on it and choose Eject and then plug it into the Mac to see if it works..

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Thread Information