New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

'today,' 'yesterday' & 'tomorrow' not working in finder side-bar.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chris meredith

chris meredith is on a distinguished road

I have a late 2008 iMac. 20” screen. Running 10.8.3.
Processor is 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo.
Memory is 4GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM.

The problem is that the today, yesterday and this week tabs are not working in the finder side-bar. They are displayed there, but when I click on them, an empty finder window comes up (even though I've used dozens of files this week and today).

I have no explanation for the change. I've done nothing to the machine, no downloads, new programmes, etc. I'm a little confused as to why this would just stop working. I've run 'clean my Mac' and re-booted, repaired disk permissions - no change.

Any ideas? I find the recent files searches really useful, and miss the functionality.

Thanks.
CM
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Had you used Clean My Mac before you noticed this problem? If so, I'd bet that was the cause of it.

To fix this, you'll probably need to get a new finder.plist file. You have to delete the present one, and then restart the Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
chris meredith

chris meredith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
Had you used Clean My Mac before you noticed this problem? If so, I'd bet that was the cause of it.

To fix this, you'll probably need to get a new finder.plist file. You have to delete the present one, and then restart the Mac.
Hi,
thanks for that; no I used Clean My Mac in response to the problem. I eventually just ended up deleting the tabs from the finder side-bar, then reinstalled them. They work fine now. I've also added a smart folder for 'last 40 days' in case they go bad on me again. Honestly, Apple are getting nearly as buggy as Microsoft.
CM
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« yahoo mail | "Ethernet cable not connected" Yes it is! »