New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Previous System Folder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JoshJ

JoshJ is on a distinguished road

Hey guys,

I have a "Previous Systems" folder on my mac weighing around 18gb.
I recently upgraded from 10.5 > 10.6 > 10.8.
Can i just get rid of this folder now?
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

That folder was used by the Archive and install procedure (last seen with Snow Leopard I think).

If your happy your system has everything you need and your data is safely backed up then yes, delete away.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJ View Post
I have a "Previous Systems" folder on my mac weighing around 18gb.
I like that description.

But yeah, if there's nothing in that folder that you need (that you don't have saved elsewhere) then toss it. In any case, doing so will not harm your computer.
QUOTE Thanks
JoshJ

JoshJ is on a distinguished road

thanks a lot guys!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems rebooting imac | music from Macbook Pro to iPod Touch »