New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Formac screen issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DogFoodDave

DogFoodDave is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have just found this forum.
Is there anyone out there who can help me with a screen problem? I have just bought a used Formac Gallery 1900 Family Mac 19" Flat LCD Display Screen - I got it coupled-up to my minimac and switched on. To start with it just showed a series of rainbow vertical lines - then with the computer turned on it burst into a brilliant, bright clear picture - so far so good. after a minute or so it switched off - screen saver I thought, after a second it came back on - same brilliant screen, then after about three seconds went off again - and so on. I have another screen the same model with my other minimac - I have swapped screen for screen, power pack for power pack and the problem follows the screen around. I wondered if it could be something related to the power microswitch. Any ideas
It is a brilliant picture but it's a bit like being in an old disco with strobe lighting - not sure my brain is up to it these days.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Firstly...welcome to Mac-Forums!

Secondly...you have a "Mac mini"...not a "minimac".

As far as the monitors. You are very fortunate...since you have two of these monitors & have two Mac mini's to test with. If the "bad" monitor is always "bad" regardless of what computer it is attached to...then:

1. It could be the settings of the monitor. Many monitors have separate internal settings whose menus need to be accessed via the monitors buttons. If you know how to do this...great. If not...and you no longer have the instruction manual for the monitor. You can probably find it online from the manufacturers website.

2. It could simply be a "bad" monitor. Depending on the value ($$$) and accessibility/disassembly of this monitor...most folks don't repair monitors...they just get a new monitor...since the cost of repairing a monitor many times will exceed the cost of just getting another used or new monitor.

HTH,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Blue vs. green messages...in Messages not iOS | Brother HL2170W printing issues in SL10.6.3:works on MB but not on MBP »