Thread: Cursed cursor

Cursed cursor

Cursed cursor
    OS X 10.6.8 - my cursor died a couple of months ago, so the shop put a new keyboard cover / cursor bar on; has worked; this last week or two, however, when I'm scrolling the cursor around the screen, it will -- quite on its own accord -- begin creating shaded drag-boxes; other times, when it is over a word or phrase, it will come away with a transparent blue (as in highlighted) word or couple of words; a third issue is that there are times when I'm two-fingers-on-the-tracking-pad making my way back to the top of a page, and the page will just take off on its own all the way to the top. The only way I've found to interrupt any of these issues is to ESC / Click Cursor; that seems to "clear the cursor's mind" for it to get back to doing what it's supposed to do.

So....any idea(s) about what's going on here? Solution(s)?

Many thanks.

Cursed cursor
    Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.10.2, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Are you by chance using a notebook with a trackpad and the Magic Trackpad at the same time. I got similar behavior until I shut off the built in traackpad.It will come back easily enough if the Magic Trackpad is not present.
    Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Cursed cursor

Thanks for the reply. Don't know what a "magic trackpad" is; looking in "Help" is unhelpful. Any further direction? Many thanks.

Cursed cursor
    Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    What kind of Mac do you have? What is a "cursor bar"? All the things you are talking about seem to indicate that the OS X is getting some erroneous clicks/taps to make it behave the way it's behaving or intermittent connection, i.e., when you start two-finger scrolling it gets that you are starting to scroll but then when you stop it doesn't get that or gets told to scroll faster and does so until you click which does go through and stops everything..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Cursed cursor

MacBook; first round with the Intel chip, as I understand; "cursor bar" is the only thing I knew to call the space-bar-looking-thing below the trackpad.

Cursed cursor
    Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    OK gotcha. That's your button press for the trackpad. Any chance you've gotten some liquid spilled on this thing? My guess is a intermittent connection with the work that was done recently. Perhaps they can take a look at the connections and reseat them?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Cursed cursor

No liquids around here. Suspect it's time to take it back to the "expert$$" and see if they can make it right. Thanks again.

Thread Information