New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Applications Organized on Start-up

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Marcosvarela96

Marcosvarela96 is on a distinguished road

I would like to know if I can have all the applications organized in different Desktops like I want to have them: In one desktop, I have Calendar, Contacts, Mail...on other desktop I have Pocket and Reeder... but when I turn on my computer, all the apps appear on the same desktop.
Does someone know how to have the apps I want oppened in different desktops without moving them by yourself?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Yes, you can do this. Using Mission Control, you can "assign" apps to particular spaces (so for example Safari always opens in space one, Mail in space two etc).

Once that's done just set those apps to open on login and they will go to there assigned spaces on launch.
QUOTE Thanks
IWT

Location: Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
IWT is a jewel in the roughIWT is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2010 27" iMac 16GB RAM, SSD & 1TB IHD (Lion) + 2013 27" iMac Fusion SSD & 3TB IHD, 32GB (Mavericks)

One further thing to add: if you want your desktops to remain in exactly the same order all the time—go into Preferences>Mission Control and Uncheck the box "Automatically rearrange spaces based on most recent use".

Of course, you may prefer to have your desktops open according to most recent use, but at least you know where to control this to suit your purpose.

Ian
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where did all my disk space go.. Help!!!!! | Links in PPT not working since it is downloaded to local drive »