New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

This Could Drive Me Back To WinDoze

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

billwill

billwill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi/4G iPad, 32GB iPhone 5

I've been running Mountain Lion on a 2010 MacBookPro (bought brand new) with 8GB of memory and a 250GB hard drive. For months and months I've been seeing the "spinning beach ball" pop up all over the place, sometimes even when I go from one open app to another that's already open.

I took it to the Apple Store and they diagnosed a bad hard drive connector and replaced that. The beach ball kept showing up. I took it BACK to the Apple Store and it passed all the diagnostics they threw at it. They suggested that I let them send it to their service center in Memphis and they could diagnose it even deeper, so I let them do that.

In 4 days they called to say it was back, so I picked it up. They had replaced the logic board and installed a new 500GB hard drive, at no cost since I still have AppleCare on it. Within 2 days, the spinning beach ball of death was BACK. And it's still popping up.

I will appreciate any and all suggestions and recommendations. This is maddening; I no longer have any faith in the "Apple Geniuses."

Thank you all in advance.

"Laughter is an instant vacation"
- Milton Berle
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill View Post
I will appreciate any and all suggestions and recommendations. This is maddening; I no longer have any faith in the "Apple Geniuses."

Thank you all in advance.
Been discussed many many times (that's why I have the links in my signature). Please read "speedup" & "beach balls".

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
billwill

billwill is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 8 GB 13" MacBook Pro, 64GB WiFi/4G iPad, 32GB iPhone 5

Thank you!

"Laughter is an instant vacation"
- Milton Berle
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Don't take that drive. No beach balls, but lots of other headaches that you'll reacquaint yourself with if you do.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP! Problem after Bootcamp attempt | "Save File As" When Downloading? Why not??? »