Dock is blocking open/close buttons
    How do I prevent the dock from blocking my open/cancel buttons when I try to open a file in Chrome. Please see the image below:

As you can see in the bottom of the image, the dock is blocking the buttons.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Press Command + Option + D and you will hide the Dock. Hit those keys again and it will come back.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

That works but it'd be great if somehow you could have the file window readjust/resize so that the buttons are above or on top of the dock.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Yeah, it looks like you're running Chrome in full screen mode. Hold on a second.... I just opened Chrome to make sure and yes, that's what you're doing.

Move your cursor toward the top of the screen until the top menu appears. Click on the blue opposing arrows to reduce Chrome back to regular screen size. Once there, adjust Chrome so that it's smaller in width and length. And don't run it full screen.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Is that a single finder window or is it a drop down from another App you select your file then open or cancel ??
    If its the later, then i has to do with that particular App UI and there is not much you can do about it.
    if its just a single finder window goto a corner and hover the cursor over it then click and drag to resize.
    You could even try this if it is the drop down too but i don't think it will work ……. Cant hurt

Cheers

EDIT : Looks like Charlie picked it
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Yeah, it looks like you're running Chrome in full screen mode. Hold on a second.... I just opened Chrome to make sure and yes, that's what you're doing.

Move your cursor toward the top of the screen until the top menu appears. Click on the blue opposing arrows to reduce Chrome back to regular screen size. Once there, adjust Chrome so that it's smaller in width and length. And don't run it full screen.
    My Chrome browser wasn't in full screen.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Is that a single finder window or is it a drop down from another App you select your file then open or cancel ??
    If its the later, then i has to do with that particular App UI and there is not much you can do about it.
    if its just a single finder window goto a corner and hover the cursor over it then click and drag to resize.
    You could even try this if it is the drop down too but i don't think it will work . Cant hurt

Cheers

EDIT : Looks like Charlie picked it
    Thanks so much!!! That worked. I was trying to open a file in Chrome and I was able to resize the file selection window by clicking a dragging the border to resize the window.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by LDubya View Post
    Thanks so much!!! That worked. I was trying to open a file in Chrome and I was able to resize the file selection window by clicking a dragging the border to resize the window.
    Welcome . . .
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information