New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Wireless printing.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RoryJMcEwan

RoryJMcEwan is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I want to print from my Macbook pro to a windows machine which is connected with a wire to a canon printer. I have the driver, and printer sharing is on, on both machines but I still can't print wirelessly. It just says they the printer is offline.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Which Canon printer do you have and is it wireless capable? Also some specs about which MacBook Pro you have and version of OS X you're running?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

So the Canon printer is visible on the network from the Mac when you added it? Also, does it really have to be connected to the Windows machine or can the printer be connected to the Mac and shared to the Windows PC?

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
RoryJMcEwan

Thanks for your replies.
I have the latest 15 inch macbook pro with OSX 10.8.3. I needs to be connected to the windows machine because I use my laptop around the house, so then printing from the windows machine would mean that the mac would need to be plugged in.

Thanks for your help so far.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoryJMcEwan View Post
Thanks for your replies.
I have the latest 15 inch macbook pro with OSX 10.8.3. I needs to be connected to the windows machine because I use my laptop around the house, so then printing from the windows machine would mean that the mac would need to be plugged in.

Thanks for your help so far.
What's the exact model of the Printer? Need to see if it has wireless printing capabilities. If not then you would need to hook it up to something like an Airport Express, Airport Extreme or Time Capsule to share it with your current network.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
RoryJMcEwan

It's a canon MX370 series.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

According to the Canon specs, that printer is not wireless capable and the drivers for it are limited to Leopard - Lion. Nothing that I could find for Mountain Lion.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« USB to 3.5 HD Adapter/Enclosure for 22-pin | Help in installing Snow Leopard »