New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Apple username problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

royalpei

royalpei is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 27" 3.2 GHZ, Core Intel i5, 16 mb ram, OSX 10.9.2 Macbook Pro 15" Maverick,ipad,iphone

I changed my internet provider and was able to change my Apple /Icloud/Itunes username.
BUT on my updates my OLD username is there on both my IMAC and laptop and I cannot change it.
Like I said I can log in to any other Apple application/website, just not do any updates.
How do I change this?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Not a "Community Suggestion or Feedback". Moved here to the proper forum. Please observe our forum descriptions.

Quote:
I changed my internet provider and was able to change my Apple /Icloud/Itunes username. BUT on my updates my OLD username is there on both my IMAC and laptop and I cannot change it. Like I said I can log in to any other Apple application/website, just not do any updates. How do I change this?
I'm assuming you're referring to your Apple ID, the one that is used when you access the Mac App Store and make purchases or download updates? Information and account options can be found here.

Just as a quick hint.... you can't change your Apple ID. You can however, change your password, credit card info, etc. Also, why did you make the above changes when you changed Internet Providers? It shouldn't have been necessary.
QUOTE Thanks
royalpei

Mac Specs: Imac 27" 3.2 GHZ, Core Intel i5, 16 mb ram, OSX 10.9.2 Macbook Pro 15" Maverick,ipad,iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Not a "Community Suggestion or Feedback". Moved here to the proper forum. Please observe our forum descriptions.

I'm assuming you're referring to your Apple ID, the one that is used when you access the Mac App Store and make purchases or download updates? Information and account options can be found here.

Just as a quick hint.... you can't change your Apple ID. You can however, change your password, credit card info, etc. Also, why did you make the above changes when you changed Internet Providers? It shouldn't have been necessary.
First sorry I posted it in the wrong area.
Second, my username was my OLD e-mail address tied to my provider,so I had to change it.

The changed worked for everywhere else BUT NOT for my updates that come in automatically.
Thanks for your reply anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
royalpei

Quote:

Just as a quick hint.... you can't change your Apple ID.
Yes you can, see here
Apple ID: Changing the email address you use for your Apple ID

It just does not change it when it asks me to log in to do updates.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Note what the article states:

Note: If your Apple ID and your primary email address are currently the same, changing the primary email address will also change your Apple ID. If your Apple ID and your primary email address are different, changing your primary email address will not change your Apple ID.
QUOTE Thanks
royalpei

Quote:
Note what the article states:

Note: If your Apple ID and your primary email address are currently the same, changing the primary email address will also change your Apple ID. If your Apple ID and your primary email address are different, changing your primary email address will not change your Apple ID.
Thanks I figured it out how to do it after about 4 hours of trying everything.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MacBook Pro - Interface seems frozen | "Your computer has restarted because of a problem" »