Specs:
    Imac 27" OSX 10.10.1 Pro 15" Macbook Pro, Yosemite,ipad,iphone,Mac watch
    Apple username problem
    I changed my internet provider and was able to change my Apple /Icloud/Itunes username.
    BUT on my updates my OLD username is there on both my IMAC and laptop and I cannot change it.
    Like I said I can log in to any other Apple application/website, just not do any updates.
    How do I change this?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Not a "Community Suggestion or Feedback". Moved here to the proper forum. Please observe our forum descriptions.

I changed my internet provider and was able to change my Apple /Icloud/Itunes username. BUT on my updates my OLD username is there on both my IMAC and laptop and I cannot change it. Like I said I can log in to any other Apple application/website, just not do any updates. How do I change this?
    I'm assuming you're referring to your Apple ID, the one that is used when you access the Mac App Store and make purchases or download updates? Information and account options can be found here.

Just as a quick hint.... you can't change your Apple ID. You can however, change your password, credit card info, etc. Also, why did you make the above changes when you changed Internet Providers? It shouldn't have been necessary.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Not a "Community Suggestion or Feedback". Moved here to the proper forum. Please observe our forum descriptions.

I'm assuming you're referring to your Apple ID, the one that is used when you access the Mac App Store and make purchases or download updates? Information and account options can be found here.

Just as a quick hint.... you can't change your Apple ID. You can however, change your password, credit card info, etc. Also, why did you make the above changes when you changed Internet Providers? It shouldn't have been necessary.
    First sorry I posted it in the wrong area.
    Second, my username was my OLD e-mail address tied to my provider,so I had to change it.

The changed worked for everywhere else BUT NOT for my updates that come in automatically.
    Thanks for your reply anyway.

Specs:

Just as a quick hint.... you can't change your Apple ID.
    Yes you can, see here
    Apple ID: Changing the email address you use for your Apple ID

It just does not change it when it asks me to log in to do updates.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Note what the article states:

Note: If your Apple ID and your primary email address are currently the same, changing the primary email address will also change your Apple ID. If your Apple ID and your primary email address are different, changing your primary email address will not change your Apple ID.

Specs:
    Note what the article states:

Note: If your Apple ID and your primary email address are currently the same, changing the primary email address will also change your Apple ID. If your Apple ID and your primary email address are different, changing your primary email address will not change your Apple ID.
    Thanks I figured it out how to do it after about 4 hours of trying everything.

Thread Information