New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Unresponsive cursor

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AlteMann

AlteMann is on a distinguished road

MacBook OS X 10.6.8 - When opening and the toolbar (across bottom for me) is loaded, my cursor can be moved as usual, but clicking on an icon results in nothing; have tried to wait a bit then click, but doesn't seem to be a time issue; once a program is open, the cursor clicks are typically instant to even light touch on the spacebar; seems like the only way I can get the program icon(s) to respond is to rather aggressively hit the spacebar about a half dozen times, and then icon will (usually) wake up and get on with it; once that first program is open, the cursor works fine for other programs.

What's the schtick here?

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Have you tried verifying your hard drive lately? Boot your Mac with the Snow Leopard DVD and run Disk Utility from the disk to check the hard drive. Let us know the results.
QUOTE Thanks
AlteMann

AlteMann is on a distinguished road

Between that and banishing the Dock and then welcoming it back seems like the magic has happened.

Many thanks!

Enjoy the rest of your week.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Migration Assistant does not assist me, could you? | Tranfering Data from windows to mac via ethernet. Server error! PLEASE HELP ASAP »