New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Unable to login to MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lisa23781

Lisa23781 is on a distinguished road

When I power on my MacBook & arrive at the login screen, I'm unable to login. After typing in my login password, I get a white/grey screen & then it boots me back out to the login screen again. I've tried safe mode & nothing is corrected. Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Which version of OS X is your MacBook running? If Lion or Mountain Lion, try booting to the recovery partition (hold down command + r). If not Lion or ML, try using your original install DVD disk to boot the machine. Let us know the result and please include the specs for your MacBook and which version of OS X you're using.
QUOTE Thanks
Lisa23781

Lisa23781 is on a distinguished road

A friend emailed me back & we did some troubleshooting online. Turns out it will not repair with the disc, & I need to replace the hard drive. So I will lose what is on my computer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bluetooth & Nokia 6680 | Macbook not starting anymore, pls help! »