New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Error occurred while loading Microsoft Framework Library

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kmaznic

kmaznic is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard and reinstalled Office:mac Student/Teacher 2004 and every time I open a Windows or Excel file, I get

"An unexpected error occurred while trying to load Microsoft Framework Library"

I close that and can access my files, but don't know why it happens and what to do.

There's way too suggestions out there and just need a fix.

Thank you.

Karen

I seem to have an old Entourage version and it gives the same message as I read a post that said to try to...do something....anyway..help please
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Did you completely uninstall Office 2004 before trying to install it again? Office is not easy to uninstall even when using the MS uninstaller. Sometimes a file or folder left behind will cause corruption in a new install. Also, you did not have to reinstall Office 2004 when upgrading to Snow Leopard. It was unnecessary.

And, it would be better to upgrade to at least Office 2008 and better yet, Office 2011. Office 2004 will not run on Lion or Mountain Lion as it's a PPC app.
QUOTE Thanks
kmaznic

kmaznic is on a distinguished road

Yes...however, I deleted the Microsoft User Data file and it appears to be working....However, I can open .xls files but .xlsx files...is that because it's a different excel version?

What would be an advantage to upgrade to 2008 at this time or 2011 for that matter as you suggest?

I have an older iMac so probably won't upgrade anything further until I replace my Mac....

Thank you, thank you

By the way...With the re-install or upgrade of Snow Leopard lost all my address book contacts. The group names remained. I had a weird list come up but it wouldn't open in my address book so I sat on the HP laptop, put all the ones I needed and they are now in my address book but even after using time machine backup cannot find ALL the ones I once had...Any clues?

Thanks again Ft. Worth.... Karen.Walnut Creek, CA
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Yes...however, I deleted the Microsoft User Data file and it appears to be working....However, I can open .xls files but .xlsx files...is that because it's a different excel version?
Yes, the XML file format is not recognized in Office 2004 which is one reason to upgrade. Also, if you do get a newer Mac, Office 2004 will not install or work past Snow Leopard.

You shouldn't have lost your address book contacts by reinstalling Snow Leopard as it does an in place upgrade which leaves data intact. Can you dig them out of Entourage by chance?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Contacts | Data Recovery Help »