New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

cannot connect to imac over wifi

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

preetlcd

preetlcd is on a distinguished road

Hi folks. I have an imac and set it up for my wifi, I can access the internet but not my windows laptop and vice versa, I've tried several different options, from playing with smb\name and IP add to breaking and redoing the network but nothing works.
But when I connect my router to the imac with a cable, I can access (read and write) to it.
Can someone please advise me what I can do to be able to access it without the cable.
Many thanks to all who will contribute.
Preet
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« email setup | Looking For a File Sorting Utility »