I can't install OS X on my Macbook Pro.
    I had Mountain Lion on my macbook pro mid 2009 and last day I wanted to install Snow Leopard. I did that succesfully. After installation I made all updates including Firmware and then i started to got errors.

I wanted to download Chrome and it said I don't have enough space on disk, I wanted to empty the recycle Bin and I also got an error 404 or something like that.

After that I wanted to reinstall the Snow Leopard. I put the cd in the machine and I followed the steps. In Disk Utility I selected Macintosh HD, I put the same name and then I press Erase.

After that it loads a bit and the Macintosh HD name appears like that "disk0s2" followed by the error "Volume Erase Failed - Volume Erase Failed with the error: The underlying task reported failure on exit". I press ok and then I select the HD / partition / 1 partition from volume scheme / I put the name Macintosh HD or whatever / Format: Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) / In option GUID is selected / pressing Apply / Partition , it loads like 5% and then I get the error "Partition Failed - Partition failed with the error: File sistem formatter failed".

I press ok and the disk volume is under the same name "disk0s2". I press Erase (HD selected) and i got the same name "disk0s2" and error.

In other words I can't do nothing... I close disk utility and then when the window with "Select a Destination" pops up, there is nothing to select.. No Macintosh HD, nothing.

I got an Mountain Lion from internet and I put it on a bootable memory stick and I got the same problems.

I also want to say I have no os x available on my machine.

If I take out the CD or Memory Stick and restart the machine, nothing happened... only a grey background with a grey folder icon.

One friend believes that this happens because I updated the Firmware... I don't know what to do.. I don't have a backup image, I don't have an external HDD and I belieave my mac machine is unusefull. All I have now is another normal notebook with windows XP and a 16GB memory stick. It will be awesome If someone knows how to repair that and how to make my mac works.

Thank you in advance and sorry for my English. Cheers !

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB Flash Storage, 3.3Ghz, 16GB memory, OS X.11.5.
    Too hard to read sorry.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    It almost sounds like something went wrong with the hard drive.

I hope you do not mind, I cleaned it up a bit as some were having issues reading it.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    ^^^
    That'd be my guess.

Try booting from the disc - this time open Disk Utility via the Utilities menu and try the Repair Disk option.
    What does it report?

(Hint: Use paragraphs - a wall of text is very hard to read on a computer screen.)
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Repair Disk: Verify and Repair volume "disk0s2"
    Error:Filesystem verify or repair failed.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    That it will boot from the Snow Leopard DVD OK suggests the base hardware is working. But I agree with the others. It sounds as though your hard disk is failing/has failed.

You could take it out, connect it to another machine and see if you can repair/and format it or you can install a replacement
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Someone told me to use Aluminum MacBook Pro Recovery.dmg but I can't find it. I have to put this .dmg file into my Bootable Memory Stick to make firmware downgrade. Then all must works. Any help with that ?

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    1. If someone else is recommending a piece of software I'd follow up with them to get details of where to obtain it and it's use. However, I will say if it's supplied as a DMG you'll need a working Mac to do anything with it.
    2. If Disk Utility, booted from an OSX DVD, cannot partition/format/erase your disk then it's time to seriously consider if the disk is working properly. The advice in my previous post is likely the best way to determine this

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Progress: I succesfully made a new partition called Macintosh HD, after that I erased it succesfully. I closed Disk Utility and I start the installation from Snow Leopard CD. Now I got this: Install Failed - Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer - An Yellow Triangle - The Installer could not install some files in "Volumes/Macintosh HD". Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

I did nothing. Just trying again after the machine was turned off for a while.

Specs:
    Which file format did you use?

I used the original cd Snow Leopard when I got the Installation error.
    Now I'm trying again with Mountain Lion file format .iso downloaded from torrent.
    I made a bootable memory stick (16GB) on my normal PC with .iso Mountain Lioan.
    After that I inserted the stick in my mac, turned it on and I hold option key and I choose to boot from stick.
    I press Install OS X and the Install has started with no errors untill now. At 75% after installing I got "Can't download the additional components needed to install OS X".

Specs:
    I think I've identified the issue and the solution but I can't and won't help any further with pirated software.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Regardless of how effective it might be in solving a solution, the discussion of piracy is not condoned here at Mac-Forums.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information