New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

How can I do this?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jopeme

jopeme is on a distinguished road

I have two email accounts set up in each and every device: an iMac, a MacBook Air, an iPad and an iPhone. By the time being, I'm manually disabling my work email account at weekends, and the task is just a pain.

I'm wondering whether it is possible or not to do this automatically.

Thanks so much from Spain
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Welcome to Mac-Forums.

How are you disabling your work e-mail account and why? If don't want to read work e-mail on the weekend, then you can disable push and that way only when you open the Mail app will you download the e-mails and you can choose to ignore them until Monday?

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
jopeme

jopeme is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for answering.

If I am right, either disabling my work email account or just disabling push entails having to set up each and every device. In other words, disabling push will have me setting up my iMac, MacBook Air, iPad and iPhone one by one. Otherwise, the unset-up device will nag me at weekends. Besides, if I stop push, it will stop push from my personal account too. I've been fiddling with Mail preferences and it seems to me that stopping push will affect both my personal and my work accounts. That's a shame, because I am willing to being notified as soon as possible if a friend or a relative gets in touch.

The idea is to stop incoming emails/alerts from my work account in one single step so that none of my devices may shutter my well-earned weekend peace and still being notified if a message arrives to my personal account

I'm afraid it cannot be done....

Thanks again from Spain
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Well if you are fine setting Push only for your personal and leaving your work account alone since you'll be at work during the week anyway...

On iOS, Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Set Fetch New Data to Push, choose your interval and then click on Advanced, and then set your personal account to Push (or Fetch if Push isn't supported) and your work account to Manual.

The end result is that you will get your personal email updated on whatever interval you've chosen and work e-mail only gets updated when the Mail app is running..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Internet Maping? Mountain Lion System Issues | Superdrive »