Setting up a "randomized" email system
    Sorry, I had no idea what to title this. I'm just wondering if it is possible.

I'm wondering if it is possible to set up something that will automatically forward emails to 1 of 7 different recipients. If that didn't make sense, I'll just explain what I want to happen. First email with specific criteria comes in and it automatically forwards to recipient 1. Second email with specific criteria comes and it automatically forwards to recipient 2 and so on. The specific criteria would just be that it contains certain words.

That's all for now.

Thanks!

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    This isn't random email forwarding, but rather forwarding with filters/rules. What mail application are you using so that we can point you to the relevant steps?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

I don't think I explained what I want to do well enough.

Example: A rule that sends the first email containing "elephant" to Joe, then the next one containing "elephant" to Amy, then the next one containing "elephant" to Tamy, then the next one containing "elephant" to Joe, then the next one containing "elephant" to Amy, etc. etc.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Sounds like you may need to start programming.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Last thing I forgot. I need to easily be able to hand it off to the next group of people in my position. Preferably something that is completely online that will allow the next person to type in the new set of Joe/Amy/Tamy recipients.

Would it be possible to do something like this in google script?

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Pardon my innocence, but what possible use is there to send e-mail with the same criteria to random recipients, unless this is used to spam people about the same stuff??

I mean where is the e-mail being generated from to begin with?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

I'm trying to figure out a way to evenly delegate incoming work between multiple workers without needing someone to go in and forward emails to each of us.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    While I'm sure what you're looking for is theoretically possible, I have to say that's a unique use of email in my experience.

It might be easier to set up a filter that any incoming email with "elephant" is forwarded to *all seven* recipients, one of whom makes a note on the shared calendar that they've taken on that job. If the incoming email were in the form of an invitation to a "meeting" (per Outlook standards), that could quickly be replied to simply by pressing an accept button.

Thread Information