New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

credentials for Network share on 10.6.8 SL

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dunggah

dunggah is on a distinguished road

I am in an environment where we have to different servers that host afp shares. I can access these individually with no problem but I was wondering if this is a limitation in snow leopard.

On my 10.6.8 machine, when I access a share on server1, it prompts me for my network credentials which I expect. When I try to access a share on server2, it will ask me for my credentials again, which I kinda expect.

However on my 10.8 machine, I have to enter my credentials only once on either server and it will pass my credentials onto the other server if I were to access it. Obviously this is much more convenient than typing in my credentials once for each server. Is this a feature in 10.8 or a limitation with 10.6?
QUOTE Thanks
dunggah

dunggah is on a distinguished road

I noticed this also affects my 10.7 machine as well
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac, download tab help | Backup using Time Machine »