New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Finder preferences

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Isabella Cocoa

Isabella Cocoa is on a distinguished road

Please somebody help me somehow under my finder picture I have my iPhoto library instead of the app how do I go back to the app. When I go to my applications this just a blank white square. I'm able to access all my photos under all my files at the top of Finder but under pictures all it has is an icon that says iPhoto library and photo booth library. I used to be able to go to pictures and then I would see all my pictures that were in iPhoto. Now all I see is 2 icons and that's it iPhoto library and photo booth
library. From what I have read your not supposed to be able to access your library's I'm not sure how I got that there Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

The iPhoto Library now appears as a package.

So folks just never grasped the way iPhoto managed pictures so in an effort to keep users from moving and renaming pictures, only to have iPhoto freak out, they have changed the way the iPhoto library appears in the Finder.

If you are managing your pictures with iPhoto you should do all your manipulation through iPhoto.

You can always drag pictures out of iPhoto if you need to for any reason. But if you must see them for what they are you can always right click the iPhoto library and "show package contents" to see the folder structure as it was in older versions of iPhoto. Just don't move anything or delete anything.
QUOTE Thanks
Isabella Cocoa

Isabella Cocoa is on a distinguished road

Thanks it was a great help
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Backup using Time Machine | Open With...brings up several copies of each App »