Macbook Air stuck login - help!
    I was trying to shut down some processes because my MacBook was using to much battery in short time. I accidentally shut down a wrong process which made my desktop disappear and even though it said safari wasn't open all I could see was safari. My keyboard seemed to be disabled too. So it managed to get to the log in menu, but accidentally switch to the guest account that my computer is now stuck on. I have a defect power button, so I can't restart it that way. I have tried to drain the battery and let it run to 0% but it just starts up with the same login screen as before there is like a spinning wheel under the "guest account" text and I can move the cursor, the keyboard seems to work but nothing happens. I let it think all night and that didn't help either.
    Anybody who might have tried something similar or knows a way to shut down/restart the MacBook without the powerbutton?

The Republic of Neptune
    Quote Originally Posted by Annastruwe View Post
    Anybody who might have tried something similar or knows a way to shut down/restart the MacBook without the powerbutton?
    Well typically you click the Apple menu in the top-left corner of your screen and shut down/restart from there. You could do it from Terminal. You'll likely have to authorize as an admin user to do it though.

Shutdown your Mac using a terminal command —

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information