Thread: Oxs 10.8.3

Thumbs down Oxs 10.8.3
    I was very happy using my HP Photosmart C4750 wireless printer with my MacBook Pro until I upgraded to 10.8.3

Then my printer quit working wirelessly. I contacted HP as I suspected something was wrong with the printer connecting to my server and was told this printer would not work wirelessly with 10.8.3. I ended up having to buy a new printer, HP 5520 I believe, and it works fine.

I am disappointed with Mac for upgrades, changing their software forcing uses to purchase new equipment. One plus in this whole issue is, I am able to print wirelessly from both my iPhone and iPad. But I had to spend over $100.00 to do that.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    You were not forced to purchase new equipment. You could have simply rolled back to your previous 10.8.2 using Time Machine. Also, the name of the company that makes your computer is Apple, and they are not to blame for anything: it is HP's responsibility to update their drivers in a timely fashion. And now, you have just rewarded HP for making their printer drivers obsolete -- so you can expect this problem to pop up again someday, since there's clearly no incentive for them to continue to update their drivers.

If I had been in your shoes I would have written an email to their complaints department saying that the next time this happens you're going to buy from one of their competitors.

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 5K, 512GB flash memory, 3.3GHz, 16GB memory, macOS Sierra beta.
    And woolieone if you think HP is bad never ever buy a Lexmark!
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I am disappointed with Mac for upgrades, changing their software forcing uses to purchase new equipment.
    As has been pointed out, it's not Apple's responsibility to make sure that peripheral devices (your HP printer) will work when OS X has been updated. That's HP's responsibility. And... if you would have asked for help of our forums, chances are we could have helped you to get it working wirelessly once more.

Software
    Thanks for all the replays. You are all correct, if I had an issue with upgrades I should have taken my complaint to HP. I have since done that.

I do have another question on another matter. Is Parallels for Mac a good program or is it something else you don't need and will it screw up other programs? Their claims are almost too good to be true and therefore hard to believe.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I do have another question on another matter. Is Parallels for Mac a good program or is it something else you don't need and will it screw up other programs? Their claims are almost too good to be true and therefore hard to believe.
    Parallels is a good program and so is VMWare Fusion. Both programs as you know will allow you to run Windows or another OS (Linux for example) in a virtual machine without having to reboot. There is also a free program called VirtualBox by Oracle which accomplishes the same thing. It's not as frills and fancy as Parallels or Fusion but in most cases will do the job.

Thread Information