New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Oxs 10.8.3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

woolieone

woolieone is on a distinguished road

I was very happy using my HP Photosmart C4750 wireless printer with my MacBook Pro until I upgraded to 10.8.3

Then my printer quit working wirelessly. I contacted HP as I suspected something was wrong with the printer connecting to my server and was told this printer would not work wirelessly with 10.8.3. I ended up having to buy a new printer, HP 5520 I believe, and it works fine.

I am disappointed with Mac for upgrades, changing their software forcing uses to purchase new equipment. One plus in this whole issue is, I am able to print wirelessly from both my iPhone and iPad. But I had to spend over $100.00 to do that.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

And woolieone if you think HP is bad never ever buy a Lexmark!

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
I am disappointed with Mac for upgrades, changing their software forcing uses to purchase new equipment.
As has been pointed out, it's not Apple's responsibility to make sure that peripheral devices (your HP printer) will work when OS X has been updated. That's HP's responsibility. And... if you would have asked for help of our forums, chances are we could have helped you to get it working wirelessly once more.
QUOTE Thanks
woolieone

woolieone is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the replays. You are all correct, if I had an issue with upgrades I should have taken my complaint to HP. I have since done that.

I do have another question on another matter. Is Parallels for Mac a good program or is it something else you don't need and will it screw up other programs? Their claims are almost too good to be true and therefore hard to believe.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
I do have another question on another matter. Is Parallels for Mac a good program or is it something else you don't need and will it screw up other programs? Their claims are almost too good to be true and therefore hard to believe.
Parallels is a good program and so is VMWare Fusion. Both programs as you know will allow you to run Windows or another OS (Linux for example) in a virtual machine without having to reboot. There is also a free program called VirtualBox by Oracle which accomplishes the same thing. It's not as frills and fancy as Parallels or Fusion but in most cases will do the job.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Virus I can't remove | desktop is not working »