New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Console Messages

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SalVerduzco

SalVerduzco is on a distinguished road

I regularly get 4000 console messages a day, I don't know if thats odd but it seems like allot to me. And most of them are this message
4/6/13 9:30:00 AM /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebKit2.framework/WebProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/WebProcess[210] MDS Error: unable to create user DBs in /var/folders/4V/4VD5CiZbEAu6I5ptbmVw3E+++TI/-Caches-//mds
4/6/13 9:30:00 AM /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/WebKit2.framework/WebProcess.app/Contents/MacOS/WebProcess[210] MDS Error: unable to create user DBs in /var/folders/4V/4VD5CiZbEAu6I5ptbmVw3E+++TI/-Caches-//mds

4/6/13 9:52:21 AM [0x0-0x3c03c].com.apple.appstore[277] Sat Apr 6 09:52:21 Macintosh.local App Store[277] <Error>: CGBitmapContextGetBitsPerComponent: invalid context 0x1006b2580
4/6/13 9:52:21 AM [0x0-0x3c03c].com.apple.appstore[277] This isn't a bitmap context. Forcing destination format to ARGB_8 for CGContext.

Im not good with computers, so please be specific with any advice. Much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

If there's nothing wrong with the computer, it's best to stay out of any logs (what Console shows). Otherwise, you'll end up getting confused and perhaps frustrated.

It's also worth noting that not everything that's logged is necessarily a problem.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
SalVerduzco

Oh, well thats good news. But lately I have bin getting extremely high disk usage. My disk usage graph has huge red spikes when no applications are open. I also don't know if this is abnormal, but total dada read daily is 1.2 GB.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Are you talking about disk activity? If so, spiking isn't anything abnormal especially if you're saving larger files.

As with logging, it's best not to obsess over anything unless a problem pops up.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
SalVerduzco

Oh, ok thanks you calmed my nerves One last question though, is 4000 console messages abnormal?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalVerduzco View Post
One last question though, is 4000 console messages abnormal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
If there's nothing wrong with the computer, it's best to stay out of any logs (what Console shows). Otherwise, you'll end up getting confused and perhaps frustrated.

It's also worth noting that not everything that's logged is necessarily a problem.
Already answered that for you.

Abnormal? Hard to say since I don't know what the messages are. But, again, there's nothing to worry about unless something is broken.

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Trackpad after upgrade. | Deleted home folder »