New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

A Message waiting to be viewed ? ? ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tape

tape is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac-27":OS10.8:3.4GHz:16G B iPhone5S

Not something I normally am bothered by, but upon returning from a few days away, I noticed that my Messages icon on the dock showed 1/2 doz unread messages. Odd in that all messages had been viewed on iPhone. So I open Messages and see a blue dot next to my daughter's ID. I read all the messages, thinking I perhaps missed a few when phone was charging, etc. I quit the program and all indications of unread messages were gone. Then a red 1 popped up on the Messages icon, but when I checked, there were no new messages. I went through all my iphone pals to see if I missed something from them-nothing. I noticed a blue dot next to my daughter's ID again, but nothing new from her. So-how do I get rid of the red numbers on the icon when there are no new messages? How do I identify who is sending me a message while using Messages and what is that blue dot supposed to tell me? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
tape

tape is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac-27":OS10.8:3.4GHz:16G B iPhone5S

chas_m Even after I re-read all messages, those red numbers stayed put. Quitting the program and restarting seemed to solve the problem. Still confused by blue dot, however.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to Upgrade OSX 10.5.8 to OSX 6 or more? | How Can I Recover previous OS X »