New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

US Holidays not showing in iCal

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GraceA

GraceA is on a distinguished road

I have an older iMac running Lion 10.7.5 I have tried several different versions of US holiday calendars, and they never show up in iCal. I've added sports calendars, moon phase calendars without any problem, but although the US holiday calendars I download (or subscribe to) show up in my calendar list, the holidays don't appear on the calendar. Anyone have any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Is there a checkmark next to it in the list?

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
GraceA

Yes, the item is checked. I've tried restarting iCal, refreshing it, removing and rechecking the checkmark, tried a variety of 2013 calendar downloads. They all download and show up on the list correctly, but do not appear on the calendar
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Where are you downloading from? I'll try one, however I'm on Mt. Lion so YMMV.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Most likely, the US holiday calendar you subscribed to is simply no longer being maintained. That happens to a lot of third-party calendars.

Disable and remove any third party US holiday calendars, and use the one from Apple: Apple - Downloads - iCal Calendars - US Holiday Calendar
QUOTE Thanks
GraceA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
Where are you downloading from? I'll try one, however I'm on Mt. Lion so YMMV.
Hi again,
I've tried every us holiday calendar I could find. They all show up on the calendar list, but the holidays don't show on the calendar. Another bug has surfaced too. Since trying to add US calendars, I can no longer add events of any kind. The only way to put something in the calendar is to copy an existing event and modify it to be the new event. Feels to me that iCal got corrupted somehow by my attempting to add the US holiday calendar. My default calendar is "Home"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help! I'm stuck in safe mode | Minimizing Leopard for single-layer DVD »