New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Delete multiple files from download folder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SleeperSS

SleeperSS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5

I really need to clean up my download folder. Is there a way to tag multiple files and delete them all at the same time?
QUOTE Thanks
Adric

Adric is a jewel in the roughAdric is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD

Hold the shift key while you click on the files you want to delete. Then right click (option-click if you don't have right click turned on) and select "move to trash". Then just empty the trash whenever you're ready.

You can also just click and drag a box over the files (like how you do on the desktop) if you want to select a continuous amount or all of them. Then just right click and select "move to trash" or just drag them to the trash yourself.
QUOTE Thanks
SleeperSS

SleeperSS is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27"iMac OS X 10.7.5 Core i5

Thanks...I thought I tried that but I might have used the wrong key had the wrong key...
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Sorry, that's Control-click not Option-click.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

You also might have a delete button in the toolbar of your Finder window. If not, it's possible to make it appear. Just right click on the tool bar area and select Customize Toolbar... Then you can drag any of the items that are shown in the pop up to the tool bar.

As far as selecting multiple items, the method(s) you can use are affected by which View style you have selected. I think dragging the rectangle only works in Icon View.
QUOTE Thanks
Adric

Adric is a jewel in the roughAdric is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD

It works in list and column view too. You just can't see the box.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help, lost downloads on dock | Can I connect and download from the dvd on my macbook pro? »