New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.2 - Problems with Address Book 3.0.3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Janet

I've got two problems going on with Address Book.

#1: The most urgent problem is that Address Book is no longer working. It opens but when I click on a name or a new group card it freezes and I get the spinning beach ball until I force quit. Before this happened I had another maddening problem...

#2: Every time I send an email, and I mean EVERY time, the address is sent to address book. Even though I cannot get into AB, Apple Mail (1.2.5) is still adding every email address to my AB. The one reference I saw to this "bug" in a different forum, the person thought it was the user's imagination. It in fact slows down sending email and totally jams up AB with superfluous, multiple copies of addresses. When I could get into AB I was able to delete the extra addresses after I'd saved one of them to a new group card, because there was no way to tell which of the entries was the original one.

In researching problem #1 I read that perhaps I have some font problem, or a partial copy/paste entry, but I don't know how to find/correct it if I can't even get into the cards.

A similar problem was replied with the recommendation to trash AB preferences (which I've done) and to update permissions. I do not know how to do that. If it would help please tell me how to do this.

Any help, advice, etc. with either problem would be most appreciated. I've got over 1000 cards in AB in about 25 groups.

Thank you,

Janet
QUOTE Thanks
Janet

No one has any ideas or a similar problem?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« P lists? | Performing a Clean OS X install »