New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mountain Lion Upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nsdon

nsdon is on a distinguished road

I have OSX 10.5.8, what do I have to do to upgrade to ML? Looks like I need to install Snow Leopard only first?

Thanks,

Don
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsdon View Post
I have OSX 10.5.8, what do I have to do to upgrade to ML? Looks like I need to install Snow Leopard only first?
To be honest...this has been asked & answered about 50,000 times (as well as a "bazillion" articles written about it on the internet)...but here goes anyway:

- First...you need to be sure your computer meets the minimum hardware requirements to run Mountain Lion (do an internet search).

- Second...if your computer meets the specs...yes you are correct...you need to install Snow Leopard. You are very lucky in this repect...since Apple stopped selling Snow Leopard for a while...but now it's available again at the Apple Online Store.

- Third...depending on what version of Snow Leopard the install disk you purchase is...make sure SL is updated to at least 10.6.6...so you have access to the MAS (Mac App Store).

- Fourth...launch the Mac App Store...purchase & download Mountain Lion...and install.

HTH,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
nsdon

Thanks you for the very quick reply.

Don
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks you for the very quick reply.

Don
You're welcome...and good luck.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
nsdon

I got it installed, it is very fast.

Thanks,
Don
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
I got it installed, it is very fast.
Great! A happy ending is always great to hear!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Parental Controls | Mobile Me Account »