Mac OS X 10.6.8 randomly freezing on internet and wireless accessories
    Lately, all of our laptops and mac minis with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 have been freezing while viewing things on the internet, or will not go to sites, e.g. the blue line that usually indicates a web page is loading just freezes halfway and locks up the computer. We also have shared printers connected via airport, every so often we can't print anything unless we completely restart the computers and even then sometimes it won't print. I have read discussions on all kinds of forums but no real answers. Is this just Apple's way of getting us to upgrade to their crappy Lion?

Quote Originally Posted by rytsuru View Post
    Lately, all of our laptops and mac minis with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 have been freezing while viewing things on the internet, or will not go to sites, e.g. the blue line that usually indicates a web page is loading just freezes halfway and locks up the computer. We also have shared printers connected via airport, every so often we can't print anything unless we completely restart the computers and even then sometimes it won't print. I have read discussions on all kinds of forums but no real answers. Is this just Apple's way of getting us to upgrade to their crappy Lion?
    Hi,
    Sounds like you have some wireless connectivity issues. I'd give your wireless router a reboot for starters, either do it via the device's pane or, pull the cord, leave it a few minutes and plug back in.

Now I notice that it is isolated to only one computer out of the five in our office, and my laptop at home...thanks for the reply by the way!

Thread Information