Thread: Heeeellp!

Drikanna
    Heeeellp!
    I just installed Panther on my Powerbook G4 (yes i bought panther), and my sound went to hell. There's waaay too much noise going on, much more than normal. I dont know what happened, but I'd really really like to fix it. Also, my treble and bass balances seem to be f*'d over pretty hard, too...

jcromartie
    Wow, that is an odd problem. Do you mean that there is more random noises (popping, clicking, ticking, skipping), or a lower signal-noise ratio? E.g. lots of static?

Drikanna
    Quote Originally Posted by jcromartie
    Wow, that is an odd problem. Do you mean that there is more random noises (popping, clicking, ticking, skipping), or a lower signal-noise ratio? E.g. lots of static?

much lower single/noise ratio. There's a very noticable hiss coming out of my speakers that was never there before.

Heeeellp!
    Specs:
    G52x1.81.53208x+/-
    what kind of speakers do you own? apple pro or third party ones ?

Drikanna
    Quote Originally Posted by MacAddikt
    what kind of speakers do you own? apple pro or third party ones ?
    3rd party speakers. Altec Lansing 400 watt system (dunno the official name of it offhand. 4 speakers and a sub). I plug it into my headphone jack because my powerbook doesnt support surround sound. But I never had troubles with it until I installed panther. I did have issues with installing it. It took me about 5x to install completely and correctly. Maybe i should archive and install again? Also my warning sounds and whatnot are messed up. Instead of doing the appropriate beeps, it just buzzes at me, like I was getting static.

Thread Information