New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Heeeellp!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Drikanna

I just installed Panther on my Powerbook G4 (yes i bought panther), and my sound went to hell. There's waaay too much noise going on, much more than normal. I dont know what happened, but I'd really really like to fix it. Also, my treble and bass balances seem to be f*'d over pretty hard, too...
QUOTE Thanks
jcromartie

Wow, that is an odd problem. Do you mean that there is more random noises (popping, clicking, ticking, skipping), or a lower signal-noise ratio? E.g. lots of static?
QUOTE Thanks
Drikanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcromartie
Wow, that is an odd problem. Do you mean that there is more random noises (popping, clicking, ticking, skipping), or a lower signal-noise ratio? E.g. lots of static?

much lower single/noise ratio. There's a very noticable hiss coming out of my speakers that was never there before.
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

what kind of speakers do you own? apple pro or third party ones ?

QUOTE Thanks
Drikanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAddikt
what kind of speakers do you own? apple pro or third party ones ?
3rd party speakers. Altec Lansing 400 watt system (dunno the official name of it offhand. 4 speakers and a sub). I plug it into my headphone jack because my powerbook doesnt support surround sound. But I never had troubles with it until I installed panther. I did have issues with installing it. It took me about 5x to install completely and correctly. Maybe i should archive and install again? Also my warning sounds and whatnot are messed up. Instead of doing the appropriate beeps, it just buzzes at me, like I was getting static.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple offers workaround for DHCP security issue | os x tranparent windows? »