New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Install OSX 10.8 as VM in Parallels

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dmarkdw

dmarkdw is on a distinguished road

I have OSX 10.7.5 on my Mac Mini.
I have Parallels Desktop installed.
I want to keep OSX 10.7.5 as my operating system and I want to install OSX 10.8 as a virtual machine in Parallels Desktop. The app store only has upgrades and not a full version.
Can I get a full version of OSX 10.8 to install in Parallels Desktop?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The Mountain Lion version from the App store is a full install version. If you're already using Lion then you have access to the MAS. However, if you download ML and run the install it will default to installing over the top of Lion. What you'll need to do is use the installer to create a bootable flash drive and then install that to the Parallels VM. You can find instructions on how to do that by Googling.
QUOTE Thanks
dmarkdw

dmarkdw is on a distinguished road

Thanks chscag I should have no trouble getting that done.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« whats the best format for Ext HDD | Daughter wiped out my contacts via iCloud!! »