New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NewtotheMacs

NewtotheMacs is on a distinguished road

Good morning!

I have a Mid-2009 Macbook Pro 5,5 (Snow leopard), and am thinking about upgrading to Mountain Lion. However, I've read a lot of mixed reviews about Mountain Lion and a lot of them have been negative reviews (computer running slower, application issues etc.).

Is it worth upgrading from Snow leopard to Mountain Lion? Will Mountain Lion speed up my computer at all?

Your constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Weapon: Macbook Pro 5,5 (Mid-2009)
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Do you "need" Mountain Lion for some reason???:

- hardware compatibility
- software compatibility
- new features you cannot live without

If you do...regardless of the negative things you've read...then you have to upgrade...like it or not.

If you don't need Mountain Lion for the reasons listed above...then you could stay where you are (Snow Leopard). But eventually you will have to upgrade (maybe not today...but in the future)...since Apple is most likely not going to provide any additional 10.6 updates (10.6.8 is the last & latest).

Of course you could always upgrade to 10.7 Lion. But I think that most users will say that 10.8 is better than 10.7. I'm running 10.7 & 10.8 on two of my computers...and I really don't have any complaints with either one.

-Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Inability To Run Video Attachments | Master password »