New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Mac OS X 10.5.8 to Mac OS X 10.6 "CONVERTER" NEEDED!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Michelle Sec

Michelle Sec is on a distinguished road

Hello! I have such an hard time passing from Mac OS X 10.5.8 to Mac OS X 10.6 and further. I've try to find a free and also a not free software and nothing works. I heard I would need a "converter".Let me know how to have this converter by internet.Tks
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

There is no "converter" from OS X 10.5 to 10.6, Call Apple and purchase the retail copy of Snow Leopard (10.6) for $29 and then install it on your Mac if it supports it..

Updates for a particular version of OS X (10.5, 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8) are free, but jumping between the versions requires money..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
ChrisMan287

ChrisMan287 can only hope to improve

What kind of Mac do you have? Non-Intel Macs can't run anything newer than 10.5.8.

If your Mac is Intel, do as Raz0rEdge said and get the retail copy from Apple.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do stop seeing other programs open in the background | how about slimbrowser? »