10-29-2012, 04:16 PM #1
My MBP is running slow: how to stop the spinning rainbow wheel?
- Member Since
- Oct 29, 2012
My MacBook Pro is running slow and this drives me nuts!
I got 2010 model (Intel i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD).
For the past half year I've noticed that my laptop freezes every time I start using couple of applications or few tabs open on my Chrome browser.
The first symptom that appears is the spinning rainbow wheel.
Another thing is that the fan is going crazy as soon as I start watching a youtube video.
This would suggest that I got a "flash-related" issue as well.
What I've tried to do to solve the problem:
1) Performed Disk check while in the Recovery Mode: everything is fine.
2) Tried to use the laptop in Safe Mode: the rainbow wheel still does its job- no performance changes
4) The poor performance was noticed while I was running on OS X Lion however after I've upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion the problems persisted up till now.
5) Installed Onyx & CleanMyMac and performed all the necessary checks and cleans.
6) Tried to do a fresh/clean install of OS X Lion (before Mountain Lion was launched) but I was still getting the rainbow!!
Please advice what to do...
10-29-2012, 04:24 PM #2
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By MARTINSR in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 42Last Post: 02-27-2015, 06:52 PM
By kcsummer in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 10-03-2012, 11:09 PM
By TheDen in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 01-06-2012, 11:04 AM
By rob in st louis in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 4Last Post: 04-19-2011, 01:46 AM
By bduenskie in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 3Last Post: 10-11-2006, 11:32 AM