Epson printer not being friendly with new iMac
    Hi all,

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. I just bought a new iMac and the printer that Apple offers to ship with it (Epson Stylus NX430). I have been having loads of issues getting the computer and the printer to be friendly with one another. On occasion the printer and computer will have a connection but usually when I try to print it will say "The printer is not connected" and when I try to scan it using Image Capture it will say there are no devices attached.

The printer is a wifi printer. It has a connection to the network with IP address I can ping it from my computer with 0% packet loss. Restarting the printer does nothing. Restarting the computer fixes the problem for a time but then eventually it doesn't work again. I don't want to have to restart my computer ever time I want to print something.

Can anybody help resolve this issue?

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11
    For what it is worth can never get Epson to connect wirelessly so back to the old USB cable.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I have the same printer that I received from Apple when I purchased my new iMac. It has worked flawlessly on my home network as a wireless printer. Admittedly, the Epson is not the easiest printer to setup but their instructions take you through it step by step. You probably need to start over first by removing the printer, and then go through the installation setup again.

Thread Information