New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

cmd.exe

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ntoscano

ntoscano is on a distinguished road

so about 2 weeks ago, my brother sent me up to san fran to visit him and learn how to code. he had bought 2 macbook air's so that we can code together.(i think he also likes to buy cool stuff) so i started learning to code python and stuff, but i eventually had to come back home. and he had decided to return our macbook air's to upgrade them from the 4g ram to the 8g ram. so i'm home now on my pc trying to figure out command prompt, because apparently, the commands aren't the same, until my macbook air get's here. but i want to keep going with the python exercises.

so my question is, is there any software that emulates mac terminal that is accessible to windows xp?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Your title "cmd.exe" is somewhat confusing because it refers to the Windows command prompt. As far as I am aware, there is no emulation software that would run OS X on a Windows machine. And if there were, it would be illegal (against the Apple EULA). I strongly suggest you wait until you receive your new upgraded MBA from your brother.
QUOTE Thanks
ntoscano

it's all good, i figured it out
QUOTE Thanks
ntoscano

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Your title "cmd.exe" is somewhat confusing because it refers to the Windows command prompt. As far as I am aware, there is no emulation software that would run OS X on a Windows machine. And if there were, it would be illegal (against the Apple EULA). I strongly suggest you wait until you receive your new upgraded MBA from your brother.
i didn't really know what else to call this thread, but then again, i didn't really take time to think about it. any ways, windows has "powershell" which basically solves the problem. so everything is good. thanks for the help though
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

If you want a similar experience to the OS X command line install Linux.
The Linux Bash shell is closer to OS X than Windows Powershell.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Or look into Cygwin.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
ntoscano

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
If you want a similar experience to the OS X command line install Linux.
The Linux Bash shell is closer to OS X than Windows Powershell.
i've used linux before, it took a little too much work for my liking. i'm barely learning to code and do cool computer type things. thanks though. once i feel comfortable with my skills i'll definitely be trying out linux/ubuntu
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Monitor Issues | Need camera driver for macbook a1181 »