Thread: Mac os

Mac os

I have a macbook pro. I just replaced the upper casing of the macbook pro because the keyboard was not functioning. After replacing the upper case I had issues with the screen coming on. I realized I did not have the cable seated correctly. Once I straightened that out I was able to get into the OS. The keyboard works correctly now but the computer itself is running slow, it doesn't recognized the aircard (wifi), and when I press shutdown to turn off the computer it restarts.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    You didn't mention what sort of "history" you and this computer have had...but maybe this computer had more than a bad keyboard/topcase.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

There was water spilled on the keyboard. Some keys on the keyboard weren't functioning properly but the laptop was running normal. After replacing the keyboard, it is now running very slow. Could it be the logic board?

27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    You should read the sticky about all the "fun" with having liquids spill on the notebooks.

Water can indeed cause all sorts of damage depending on where it ends up and how long the machine was running after..

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Thread Information